Let me introduce myself:
I gained years of valuable experience on staff at:
- The Rusk Institute of the NYU Langone Medical Center, Speech Department, where I participated in Grand Rounds, gave talks to the resident staff, treated teen and adult patients with disorders of the nervous system resulting from strokes and traumatic injuries.
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology, where I evaluated and treated the full range of communication disorders. I worked with both inpatients and outpatients of all ages and from many cultures. I presented cases to the nursing staff and resident physicians, and supervised graduate students from Teacher’s College, Columbia University.
- The Center for Hearing and Communication, NYC, where I evaluated and treated deaf and hard-of-hearing children, teens and adults.
- The Pre-Kindergarten Program, Great Neck Public Schools; where I served as part-time consultant and therapist for multicultural disadvantaged children at risk for speech-language disorders. My work included extensive consultations with support staff, teachers and parents.
I founded BETTER VOICES BETTER BUSINESS twenty years ago at the request of corporate directors who needed a speech pathologist onsite to train employees of diverse cultures. To maintain the company’s image, they wished these employees coached in communication skills. I worked with groups of customer service representatives, evaluating their phone skills based on the premise that “This call may be monitored for quality assurance and training purposes.”
PRIVATE PRACTICE for over 35 years, formerly in Manhattan, now in Great Neck, LI.
"Mend your speech a little lest it mar your fortunes.” Shakespeare
You Need Help To:
-Develop your speaking voice –- your unique musical instrument.
-Make a good impression in your social and work life.
- Speak with a reduced regional or foreign accent.
- Be persuasive in job interviews.
- Advance your career.
Better Voices Better Business is your guide to:
- Clear American English pronunciation.
- A voice quality that makes people want to listen to you.
- A modified regional or foreign accent if you are a non-native speaker of English
- Presentations that are stimulating and successful.